1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Information you provide: We may collect your personal information such as your name, contact information and e-mail address when you willingly subscribe to a service such as our newsletter service, when you request access or download certain media content or make an inquiry through our website. You will know when we collect this information because you will be asked to provide us with your information. We will only use this information, as the case may be, to provide you with the requested services or information, to contact you in order to answer your question, for internal quality assurance purposes or to manage the quality of our media information provided through our website. We may also use your email address in order to inform you of our products or promotions which may be of interest to you, but these marketing communications will be done in compliance with anti-spam laws, and you may, at all times, request that we remove your email address from our marketing list.
Certain websites within the Lassonde Network may include a section entitled “Careers”. We may therefore collect your resume and other related information upon you submitting your resume and other professional experience information through our website in which case, we will only use this information in order to evaluate your application, or to contact you to confirm that your application has been received or to discuss potential employment opportunities at Northland.
Technical information: When you visit our website, we may collect, using electronic means (such as cookies), technical information. This information may include the IP address of your computer, which browser you used to view our website and your operating system. This technical data is used to provide you with a personalized experience on the websites within the Lassonde Network, and is aggregated and used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website.
2. Sharing of Personal Information
Unless we have your express consent, we will not sell, rent, share or trade your personal information to any third party, except within the Lassonde Network or to internal service providers that we use to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the operation of our website. These internal service providers are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any purpose other than to facilitate the specific outsourced related operation, unless you have explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional uses.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold or disclosed to a third party any personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
From time to time, we may be required to provide personal information in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful. We may release certain personal information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
3. Links to Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to third-party websites; these are provided solely for your convenience. Clicking on these links will take you outside of the Lassonde Network. Please be advised that we have no control over these third-party sites and, while our website may feature such links, we will not, at any time, accept liability for these sites. Consequently, personal information that you provide to a website outside of the Lassonde Network is subject to the privacy policies of the given third-party site. In the event of abuse by such websites, we cannot, at any time, be held responsible. Therefore, we strongly urge you to carefully read the privacy policies of all third-party websites you choose to enter.
We take special precautions to comply with applicable laws and self-regulatory programs regarding children’s advertising and privacy. Although most aspects of our website are intended for a general audience and not children, it is possible that certain websites or subsections of websites within the Lassonde Network may appeal to children. For instance, in the event that special games or contests targeting children are made available on our website, additional terms and conditions specific for these activities will be displayed and we will ensure that any collection and use of personal or contact information of children is done in compliance with laws, with verified parental consent. We do not intend to collect personal information from children absent verified parental consent or as otherwise allowed by law. If you think we have, please let us know.
Northland is committed to providing transparency to outside parties (which we may electronically communicate) with respect to our practices in complying with United States federal and state anti-spam legislation and associated rules and regulations, including the CAN-SPAM Act (“Anti-Spam Laws”). The types of commercial electronic messages that Northland may send from time to time could include messages pertaining to our products and services including our newsletter to recipients that have agreed to receive them, messages sent to our current or potential customers and messages sent to our current or potential service providers or business partners by our various business units.
If you have received a commercial electronic message from Northland it is because either you have previously provided your express consent, we have your implied consent under the Anti-Spam Laws, or because the type of message sent is exempt under Anti-Spam Laws. If you have received a CEM, and you believe that you should not have, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to unsubscribe and we will remove your electronic address from our list within 10 business days.
6. Sale of Business
7. Cross-border Data Transfers
8. Security of Personal Information
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. Please be careful whenever sending personal information to Northland via e-mail. E-mail is generally not a secure means of transferring information. We therefore cannot guarantee that this information will not be lost or used in a fraudulent manner and we encourage the use of e-mail encryption to communicate with us.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
11. Your Rights and How to Exercise Them; Our Contact Information
You have the right to request information about any of the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The specific pieces of information we have collected;
- The categories of sources from which the information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting the information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the information, if any
Subject to certain exceptions (listed below) and a verifiable request, you also have the right to request:
- That we delete your personal information from our records; and
- That we direct any service providers to delete your personal information for their records.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, otherwise perform a contract between you and us, or if the collection of the information was reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
In addition, you have the right not to be treated differently by us because you exercised any of these rights, and we will never do so.
How to Exercise Your Rights:
- Email us at US@Lassonde.com; or
- Call us, toll-free, at (800) 330-2173
Once you contact us, you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you;
- Proof of your identity and address; and
- A description of what right(s) you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
“Cookies” are little bits of information that are sent to your computer when you visit a website. They are saved, either temporarily or permanently, on your hard drive, leaving a trace of your passage. The information can include information such as the date and time of your last visit, a given answer to an online question, personal information, etc. Cookies can also enhance your web experience by recording your navigation preferences for a given website.
Cookie files stored on your hard drive are harmless and they may be read and deleted at any time. Thus, you always have complete control. Cookies provide important data for our marketing department. Indeed, this information enables us to know the total number of visitors for each of our websites within the Lassonde Network and the length of each visit. Upon using a website within the Lassonde Network, a cookie file is created and stored on your computer, enabling us to “recognize” you every time you visit one of our websites within the Lassonde Network.